Colonel House Helppp
Leave e-mail address if you would like a reply
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

"Poopy II"
2 posts
Oct 28, 2006
11:15 AM
I am posting this message again in the hopes that someone can help me with the Battle for Horn Island and the facts surrounding it that involved Col. A T House. I am writing a article on him and my deadline is approaching fast.

Also, please not the picture posted on this site for Colonel House's biography is incorrect according to Colonel House. he claims that he never wore a flight jacket of any kind with a emblem on it. The picture of him shows that he is wearing one which he never did.

Look forward to hearing from anyone!

Gregg Wagner
PortMoresby
1 post
Mar 21, 2007
10:07 AM
Re: Battle for Horn Island and Col. A T House.

Gregg,

I look forward to reading your article. The best source on this besides mission Ferguson's "Protect and Avenge: The 49th Fighter Group in World War II" (Schiffer 1995) is Vanessa Seekee's "Horn Island: In their Steps 1939-45" (2005 2nd ed) which includes Japanese records about the combat with the 49th over Horn Island as well as a photo of House's P-40.

Edward
SuperDave
9 posts
Mar 24, 2007
10:03 AM
In response to the Col House message. The picture I posted was from a book on 49 FW History. If you could send an accuarate picture I'd love to correct the one I have.

Super Dave

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

Google